Another week of chaos in the markets but it seems to be much calmer than just a few weeks ago as investors seem to be:
- Getting Used to the Bad News and thus no bad surprises anymore (read: no major sell off)
- Expecting the worst anyway that some numbers from companies are actually better than expected
- Not seeing huge down days
- Market holding up (the Dow doesn’t stay under 8000 very long even if it gets under that level)
While many of us still have stock portfolios that are down 30, 40, 50% this year, we are slowly turning our heads from the dreaded past finally looking forward to the future.
Of course, the Dow just dropped another 400 points in 2 days right after I write this piece, so it just goes to show the chaos that we are seeing! Don’t worry though, because the sun will return no matter how cold the night is!
In the meantime, check out these great articles about investing!
- On my other site, I explained why investing stocks this year was not a financial mistake.
- Oblivious Investor teaches us the causes of stock market returns and also explains what we should do with our investments!
- ABCs of Investing keeps trucking along with his explanation of the basics. This time, it’s market capitalization!
- Moolanomy has his latest edition of Asked the Expert with Larry Swedroe. This one talks about bond funds, 401k plans and more!