This week was pretty much filled with news of the possible US automaker bailout. Most people believe the bailout is not a good thing because the big 3 in Detroit haven’t shown the ability to fix the problem for at least the last decade.
On a separate note, what is wrong with the stock market? In a few short days, we have gone back to the lows of October (we actually flew past it yesterday). As I type this, the Dow is hovering around the 8,000 mark. Are you buying stocks these days? There’s only so much turmoil that one can take, because even the most risk tolerant person will eventually break under constant pressure. When will our investor confidence come back? When do you think it will come back?
At least it’s comforting to know that while the market is a mess, we can still increase our investment knowledge by educating ourselves with articles around the Internet. Here are a couple articles you should look at:
- Learn a bit about target retirement funds! ABCs of Investing explains what they are!
- The Oblivious Investor tells us the most important factor when choosing a financial advisor!
- Want to learn from the legendary stock investor Warren Buffett? Fat Pitch Financials summaries what Mr. Buffett has done with Berkshire Hathaway’s investments in the 3rd quarter of the year.
- Learn Financial Planning chimes in on why stock prices change.
- Want some investment ideas for you to start your stock research on? Check out Dividends4Life’s suggestions.